Dropping Off Your Milk
Prepping for drop-off
- You must be approved as a milk donor with the Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast before you begin dropping off milk.
- Collect at least 100 ounces of frozen milk for your initial milk deposit.
- Place your milk containers in a plastic bag (e.g., a clean grocery store bag). Enclose a piece of paper with your last name and your donor ID#.
- Tie the bag with your milk containers tightly and label it clearly with your donor ID# in permanent marker.
- Place your milk in an ice chest or cooler (ice is not necessary) and drop it off at the Mothers’ Milk Bank or at the depot site nearest you.
- Note: Before you make the trip, please check whether your depot requires an appointment to drop off milk, and schedule as necessary.
Getting your milk to us
- Don’t live in the Boston area? We have additional milk depot sites around New England. Please deliver your milk to the milk depot nearest you.
- Don’t live near any of our milk depot collection sites? Out-of-area donors are provided with boxes and clear directions to ship their milk to us overnight via FedEx express.