Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a busy, customer-focused non-profit that needs a reliable, well-organized full-time Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with an emphasis on efficiency and time management.
The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols; streamlining administrative procedures; helping with inventory control; overseeing office staff and task delegation; and handling accounts receivable, accounts payable, and banking activities. The ideal candidate is a professional who is comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Maintains calendar for staff, office, and Executive Director
- Serves as point person for staff queries
- Liaises with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services
- Enters customer payments and donations received into QuickBooks
- Does daily bank deposits
- Enters and pays vendor bills using QuickBooks
- Pursues delinquent accounts
- Handles credit card purchasing and activity relating to supply ordering, conferences, and travel
- Monitors and orders supplies
- Coordinates with IT contractors on all office equipment
- Arranges all travel for all employees and guests including booking flights, hotels, and car rentals
- Prepares for weekly staff meetings
- Assists in the onboarding process for new hires
- Plans/sets up for in-house board and committee meetings, private receptions, and open houses
- BA or BS preferred
- 2-3 years as an office manager, front office manager, or administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- QuickBooks experience is preferable but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24-$27 per hour, commensurate with experience. Benefits can include health insurance.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter by Monday, March 26, 2018 to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls.
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a nonprofit community milk bank certified by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). Our mission is to provide safe, donated, pasteurized human milk to babies in fragile health throughout the Northeastern United States.