Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a nonprofit community milk bank providing safe pasteurized donor human milk to babies in fragile health throughout the northeastern United States. We are seeking a part-time contract web developer.
- Keep website code up-to-date, including the theme, WordPress, Genesis, and plugins
- Ensure website security
- Work with staff on new features to be added to website that might require coding and/or new plugins while keeping consistent with website design
- Write well-designed, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Test code changes on multiple browsers and devices
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and inform the staff of necessary changes or suggestions that might be helpful
- Monitor backups
- Maintain software documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred); or Associate Degree with at least 1-2 years of related work experience; or 3+ years of related work experience
- Required experience with WordPress, Genesis, and coding new themes and updating older ones
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process a plus
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Experience with ecommerce and website security
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Professional manner and commitment to organization’s mission
- Ability to communicate clearly and manage time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Job Type: Contract: estimated 10-20 hours/month, including one 30-minute weekly phone meeting with client. Specific hours to be determined by mutual agreement.
Location: Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is located in Newton Upper Falls, MA. Web Developer will work remotely.
To apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and fee information by July 7, 2020 to Ann Marie Lindquist, Director of Community Relations. No phone calls, please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.