Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast seeks a full-time Laboratory Technician to process donor milk for our growing nonprofit organization. We are looking for a bright, energetic, motivated person who can commit to at least a year on staff.
*Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is considered an essential business*
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety procedures
- Pouring milk into bottles for pasteurization under clean conditions
- Mixing and pasteurizing donor milk
- Data entry
- Preparing milk samples for lab testing
- Cleaning and preparing lab and related equipment for next pasteurization
- Checking in and logging in raw donor milk
- Organizing milk in freezers
- Actively participating in interdepartmental meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred); or Associate Degree with at least 1-2 years of related work experience; or 5+ years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of lab or manufacturing practices preferred (can be trained)
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Learn new tasks and multi-step processes in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Professional manner and commitment to organization’s mission
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Communicate clearly and manage time effectively
- Work both independently and as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time: 10-6pm with some weekend hours required. Reports to Operations Manager.
Salary: $18/hour. Benefits can include health insurance, IRA, paid vacation, parental leave.
Location: Newton, MA
Required work authorization: United States
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume by November 23, 2020 to Jane Norris. No phone calls, please. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
COVID-19 Information: Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast, an essential business, is working diligently to adapt to changing regulatory recommendations and ensure a safe environment so we can continue to help serve fragile babies in need. Safety and health are at the core of our mission. In an effort to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 to co-workers and maintain a clean work environment, masks are required in the office space, there are increased cleaning and sanitation efforts, and staff counts in the office are consistently controlled.
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a nonprofit community milk bank accredited by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). Our mission is to provide safe, pasteurized donor human milk to babies in fragile health throughout the northeastern United States. Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is an equal opportunity employer.