Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast seeks a full-time Pasteurization Lab Technician to process donor milk in a lab setting following all regulatory guidelines and food processing protocols. Please send resume to Jane Norris. No phone calls, please.
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety procedures
- Pouring milk into bottles for pasteurization under clean conditions
- Mixing and pasteurizing donor milk
- Data entry that provides accurate documentation and follows accepted practices and procedures
- Preparing milk samples for lab testing
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and preparing lab and related equipment for next pasteurization
- Checking in and logging in raw donor milk
- Organizing milk in freezers
- Actively participating in interdepartmental meetings
- Performing routine maintenance of lab equipment
- Assisting with monthly inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or GED required plus 2–5 years of related work experience, or Associate Degree/some college with 1-2 years of related work experience
- Strong clinical knowledge of preparing and maintaining a sterile environment
- Working knowledge of lab or manufacturing practices (preferred)
- Working knowledge of food safety (preferred)
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Able to follow procedures closely
- Learn new tasks and multi-step processes in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Professional manner and commitment to organization’s mission
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Communicate clearly and manage time effectively
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Professional maturity
- ServSafe or GMP certification a plus
Job Type: Full-time: afternoon/evening shift with some early morning weekend hours required. Reports to Lab Manager.
Salary: $18/hour, depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, IRA, paid time off, parental leave.
Location: Newton, MA
Required work authorization: United States
COVID-19 Information: This is an essential food business. Masks are required in the office space, cleaning and sanitation protocols are in place, and staff and visitor counts in the office are consistently controlled. Vaccination required.
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a nonprofit community milk bank whose mission is to provide safe, pasteurized donor human milk to babies in fragile health throughout the northeastern United States. We are accredited by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA), and the organization is considered an essential business.