Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast seeks a full-time Pasteurization Lab Technician to process donor milk for our growing nonprofit organization. Come join our professional team that works every day to make a difference in the lives of families, bringing critically needed nutrition to fragile babies in need! We are looking for a bright, energetic, motivated person who can commit to at least a year on staff. On-the-job training available for someone who is ready to launch their career with us.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jane Norris. No phone calls, please. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
- Pouring milk into bottles for pasteurization under clean conditions
- Mixing and pasteurizing donor milk in hot water bath
- Preparing milk samples for lab testing
- Cleaning and preparing lab and related equipment for pasteurization
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety procedures
- Checking in and logging in raw donor milk
- Organizing milk in walk in and chest freezers
- Performing routine maintenance of lab equipment
- Data entry with significant attention to detail required
- Assisting with monthly inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or work experience: competitive candidates will either have relevant work experience or college-level educational training.
- Working knowledge of lab or manufacturing practices preferred (can be trained)
- Working knowledge of Food Safety preferred (can be trained)
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Able to learn new tasks and multi-step processes in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Professional manner and commitment to organization’s mission
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Repetitive hand movements including but not limited to opening and sealing bottles
- Communicate clearly and manage time effectively
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- ServSafe or GMP certification a plus
Job Type: Full-time preferred; available shifts are 7 AM – 3 PM or 9 AM – 5 PM plus some Saturday hours required monthly. Will consider part-time candidates
Salary: $18/hour. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement, paid vacation, parental leave.
Location: Newton, MA
Required work authorization: United States
COVID-19 Information: Safety and health are at the core of our mission. To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and maintain a clean work environment, masks are required in the office space, there are increased cleaning and sanitation efforts, and staff counts in the office are consistently controlled. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they have a medical or religious exemption.
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is a nonprofit community milk bank accredited by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). Our mission is to provide safe, pasteurized donor human milk to babies in fragile health throughout the northeastern United States. Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast is an equal opportunity employer.