If your baby needs donor milk in the hospital, most of the time the hospital will pay for it.
Once you get home, we want to be sure that your baby can have donor milk if needed, even if you can’t pay for it.
Special Assistance Program
Our Special Assistance Program (SAP) provides up to one month of milk for babies who need it, if their families are struggling financially.
You may qualify if:
- You participate in WIC or SNAP
- You have Medicaid or state-sponsored insurance
- You live in subsidized housing
- You receive some other kind of public assistance
- You have experienced a recent, unexpected, or urgent financial burden or crisis
How to apply
To apply for assistance, fill out a Special Assistance Program application. You can download it here: application
Or request one by emailing us or calling 617-527-6263 x5 (ask for SAP). In the application, we ask for:
- Your contact information
- A personal statement about your baby’s situation
- Financial documentation
- A prescription from your baby’s doctor
- A letter of medical necessity from your baby’s doctor
- Your agreement to submit a health insurance claim
In addition to filling out the application, you will need to complete our New Recipient Packet, which you can get by emailing our Orders Department or calling 617-527-6263 x4.