We welcome volunteers of all ages and experience levels as valued members of the milk bank team, working together to serve the tiniest, neediest babies. Some people volunteer once or twice a week, some occasionally, and others for a focused period of time while working on a special project. We also welcome groups from companies and schools.
“All the staff and volunteers are really fun people!” – Louise
“The milk bank is my respite place, where the quiet atmosphere of good people doing an important job instills a deep sense of peace and calm in me while I am there.” – Linda
“I love volunteering at the milk bank because I get to be with amazing women, and do meaningful work that helps so many people. It is a highlight of my week!” – Melanie
You could participate in tasks for one or more of the following departments:
- Administration (filing bills and invoices)
- Laboratory (labeling, creating bin cards, creating sample bags for trays, etc.)
- Donor Screening (addressing envelopes, making fax packets, filing, etc.)
- Client Relations (creating a variety of packets)
- Community Relations (creating a variety of packets and stuffing envelopes)
Volunteering outside of the main office:
You don’t need to live near the milk bank to volunteer! We could use your help at one of our 28 depots located in 9 different states.
If you have ideas for new ways to help let us know so we can consider them!