For Medical Professionals Considering Our Milk Bank
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast serves over 90 hospitals in 13 states throughout the Northeast, from Maine through the District of Columbia and beyond.
As a regional milk bank with an established reputation, professional staff, and large geographical base of donors, we are able to meet our customers’ needs in a timely and consistent manner. We also bring our experience across state lines, and have tissue bank licenses in all the states that require it—New York, California, and Maryland.
Executive Director Naomi Bar-Yam, PhD, is the immediate past president of the Human Milk Banking Association of North America and frequently presents sessions at national and regional conferences in the fields of milk banking, lactation, and social work.
Since our founding in 2006, our staff has worked closely with many hospitals on developing policies and protocols for donor milk programs. To learn more about bringing donor milk into your nursery or NICU, download Implementing a Hospital Donor Milk Program.
To arrange for our Executive Director to meet with your staff privately, give a presentation on donor milk (including information on safety, cost, and practicalities), or present grand rounds, contact our Director of Community Relations. Members of our Medical and Research Advisory Boards are also available for grand rounds.
Please visit these sections of our website for additional information specific to the needs and interests of medical professionals:
- A statement by our Medical and Research Advisory Boards on milk analyzers (some milk banks use bovine analyzers, which are not approved by the FDA for use on human milk)
- The latest medical studies on PDHM
- Medical Alerts and news about pasteurized human donor milk, including HMBANA statements on issues like the Zika virus
- Instructions on ordering donor milk for your hospital
- Instructions on prescribing donor milk for a specific baby
Mothers’ Milk Bank Northeast: Safe. Trusted. Lifesaving.